The service aims to serve the users, as well as other libraries, in the following cases:
- finding, ordering and delivery of copies of articles in paper form from journals, that are not included in LIC’s collection of print or electronic journals
- finding, ordering and borrowing books, from other libraries in Greece or abroad, that are not included in LIC’s collection
- delivering copies of articles held in LIC collection, to other libraries (Hermes System)
- lending books held in LIC’s collection to other libraries (IRIS System)
IRIS – ILL System of Greek Academic Libraries
LIC participates actively to IRIS, the ILL System of Greek Academic Libraries, which constitutes the official cooperation of the members of the Federation of Greek Academic Libraries (HEAL-Link) for an organized and systematic execution of interlibrary loan transactions between Greek libraries.
IRIS – Local Order Management System
Users’ requests of bibliography are processed through IRIS – ILL System.
Regulations and Prices
- Ordering bibliography concerns the teaching and research needs of the user.
- Only users that have a valid library card have the right to order articles and books, not held in the library, through the Document Delivery and InterLibrary Loan Service.
- Items will be ordered in Greece or abroad and the service is charged accordingly.
- LIC’s Committee defines the prices of the orders.
- Ordering an article or a book, that has been lost or is not available through LIC’s collection, is free of charge.
- All users with a valid library card have the right to create a Reserve-Fund Account under specific terms and a minimum amount of 20 € is needed.
- Items received from other libraries abide to the rules of the lending library.
- External users do not have the right to use the Document Delivery and InterLibrary Loan Service for borrowing books, but only for the supply of copies of articles.
- When ordering a book, the latest edition will be ordered, unless specified.
- Between 15 July and 20 August no book applications will be executed.
- If users do not collect the articles within 6 months of notification, their library card will be charged (unless they are Holders of Reserve-Fund Account).
- If users do not collect books within the time given from the lending library, then the book will be returned and their library card will be charged (unless they are Holders of Reserve-Fund Account).
|Ordering an article from abroad||1-10 pages: 2,90 €
11-20 pages: 4,30 €
21-30 pages: 5,70 €
31-40 pages: 7,10 €
41-50 pages: 8,50 €
51-100 pages: 14,10 €
101-150 pages: 19,80 €
151-200 pages: 25,40 €
201-250 pages: 31,00 €
|Ordering an article from Greek libraries (HERMES)||1-20 pages: 2,00 €
21-50 pages: 3,00 €
51-100 pages: 5,00 €
101-150 pages : 8,00 €
151-200 pages: 10,00 €
200 pages and more: 15,00 €
|Ordering books from Greece||11,00 €|
|Ordering books from abroad||17,50 €|
Users of LIC have the possibility of creating a Reserve-Fund Account for the management of orders through the Document Delivery and InterLibrary Loan Service.
- Sakellari Niki, 0030 2610 969622, 2610 969674, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Konstantina Sipsa, 0030 2610 969673, email@example.com